Charitable Giving Guidelines
The McWane Foundation was established to support the communities where McWane, Inc. has a presence through its plants and employees. The foundation welcomes proposals that meet the guidelines and policies outlined below.
Our waterworks products contribute to the infrastructure of towns and cities throughout the world by providing clean, safe water. Other products that we produce, such as fire hydrants and fire extinguishers, are used to keep our communities safe. McWane, Inc. is also interested in supporting the communities in which we operate and live by strengthening the “other” essential components of the infrastructure that contribute so significantly to the quality of life: education, healthcare, the environment and the arts. The McWane Foundation was established to facilitate that support.
Areas of Interest
- Health and Safety
- Arts and Culture
- Environmental Stewardship
- The McWane Foundation supports programs, initiatives and organizations that will benefit the communities where McWane employees live and work. For a map of the McWane locations, please click here.
- Grants are awarded only to nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code. In addition, public entities such as schools and parks may be considered.
- Requests must fall under one of the areas of interest.
The Foundation will not support:
- Individuals or groups acting on behalf of individuals
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin or gender
- Telephone or mass mail appeals
- Political organizations
- Groups such as athletic teams, fraternal orders, sectarian religious, veterans programs, labor associations, etc.
Please submit a letter with the following information:
- A description of the organization for which the funds are being sought
- How the requested funds will be used
- Timelines for the funding and implementation of the project
- How success will be measured for the proposed project
- Evidence of tax exempt status
- List of directors and executive staff
- Budget for project and any additional funders
All requests should be sent to the local McWane facility to the attention of the general manager.
- Code of Conduct
- Amerex and the Environment
- Health & Safety
Moving Industries Forward by Redefining Fire Suppression