About Amerex Defense
Amerex Corporation has been providing QUALITY and INNOVATIVE firefighting products since 1971. Amerex manufactures hand portable and wheeled fire extinguishers as well as pre-engineered fire suppression systems supplying these products to end users through a worldwide network of trained independent fire protection distributors
Amerex Defense was established in January 2010 with the mission to develop reliable and innovative fire protection products to protect our troops. Although the name is new the history of providing quality fire protection products to the U. S. Military is not.
- Amerex was selected to supply Halon 1211 wheeled extinguishers to the U. S. Air Force in 1982 and has been supplying Halon 1211 hand portable and wheeled fire extinguishers to all branches of the U.S. Military ever since.
- In 1984 Amerex began supplying hand portable fire extinguishers to AM General for the HMMWV (Humvee®) program and has been their source for the fire extinguisher ever since.
- In 1994 Amerex provides hand portable fire extinguishers to BAE for the FMTV program and continues to provide hand portable fire extinguishers to Oshkosh Defense for the FMTV.
- In 2006 the Amerex commercial dry chemical fire suppression systems provided protection to the engine compartment of the Force Protection/BAE manufactured Buffalo ILAV.
- In 2007 Amerex and Spectronix joined forces. Under a licensing agreement with Spectronix, Amerex began manufacturing explosion suppression products
The Amerex Defense team of fire protection professionals is based at the Amerex Corporate office in Trussville, AL, a short distance from Birmingham.